Posted to alt.home.repair
Hank Hank is offline

Default hanging curtains on soft walls

On Jul 9, 2:54 pm, niki wrote:
I have been trying to hang curtains in my daughters room and the walls
are sooo soft they just fall down. The Screws just rip right out and
leave a big nasty hole in the wall! I even tried using these little
plasic things that you put in the wall first and then the screw. Then
I have even a bigger holes. Any Ideas?
Please Help....
Thanks,
Nicole

Have you tried molly bolts the hold from the back side of the wall?
They look like a letter ' T ' that can collapse and slip into a hole
in the wall then they pop open and hold the item from the rear.

Of course if you have a wall that was badly patched or damaged by
water you may need to consider 1. mounting the rod on the widow frame
2. locating the wall stud and anchor it there!

Molly's are available at any borg or ace hardware

HTH