Posted to alt.home.repair

Default add auto evaporator to window AC

"RLNunez" wrote in message
oups.com...
it there a way that I can customize my window AC to drain the water in
a particular way (ie through a tube) or connect an auto evap to it so
i don't have to worry about the water at all.

You mean safely? May a brand new AC has been ruined by drilling into the
bottom of the pan into the coil.

The condensate is used to help cool the unit so you don't want to drain it
all out. In the few cases of excess, you could have a tube hooked up in
such a manner as to drain the excess. Every model is a bit different so
you'd have to be inventive yourself.