Posted to alt.home.repair

Default add auto evaporator to window AC

it there a way that I can customize my window AC to drain the water in
a particular way (ie through a tube) or connect an auto evap to it so
i don't have to worry about the water at all.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RLNunez" wrote in message
oups.com...
it there a way that I can customize my window AC to drain the water in
a particular way (ie through a tube) or connect an auto evap to it so
i don't have to worry about the water at all.

You mean safely? May a brand new AC has been ruined by drilling into the
bottom of the pan into the coil.

The condensate is used to help cool the unit so you don't want to drain it
all out. In the few cases of excess, you could have a tube hooked up in
such a manner as to drain the excess. Every model is a bit different so
you'd have to be inventive yourself.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 9, 2:59 pm, RLNunez wrote:
it there a way that I can customize my window AC to drain the water in
a particular way (ie through a tube) or connect an auto evap to it so
i don't have to worry about the water at all.

Sure is. Just can't see it too clearly from here, and what's an
"auto evap"?

You just make sure passage is open for water to get to high
side, and cut-and-fit for drain fitting. Of course, unit must be
tilted slightly down towards high side, as usual.

Don't worry.

Normally functioning window-shaker sends all its water to
high side, to be evaporated there, and reduce energy consumption.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 11:59:29 -0700, RLNunez
wrote:

it there a way that I can customize my window AC to drain the water in
a particular way (ie through a tube)

Where does it drain now? How about you put a funnel under that spot,
and a tube on or in the spout of the funnel, and the tube to where you
want it to go?

or connect an auto evap to it so

auto-evap means a fan? an automobile evaporator?

i don't have to worry about the water at all.

Maybe the AC tips down too much outside the window. It should tip a
little, and then in all relatively new ac's, the water is scooped up
somewho and splashed on the condensor coils, where it evaporates and
saves money. But if it tips too much, I'm sure some water could
spill over before it is gathered up. Someone should tell you how much
it should tip, and then make sure it tips that amount. Don't drop the
AC out of the window if you have to open the window.

I don't know if brand matters but you should post the brand and maybe
even the model.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

it there a way that I can customize my window AC to drain the water in
a particular way (ie through a tube) or connect an auto evap to it so
i don't have to worry about the water at all.

The last one I bought is designed to not ever drip water. Instead
the water is picked up by notches on the outdoor fan and flung into
the condenser coil as a fine mist that is blown away by the exhaust.