Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Painting Clapboards

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "Robert11" wrote:
Hi,

In the midst of having new Cedar horizontal clapboards being put on house.

They are pre-primed (with something ?) on both inside and outside.

Questions:

a. Not really "dirty", but guess I will have them pressure washed first.

That's simple: don't pressure-wash them. Especially if they're not really
dirty. Rinsing them off with a garden hose should satisfy your urge to wash
them. Wait a day or two to paint.

I'd agree except I would take a small portion and wash w/ bristle brush
and wipe to see how much (if any) affixed dirt is removed. I'd judge
from that how much scrubbing (again, if any) is needed. All you really
need is to be sure there's not a layer of grime that isn't solidly
adhered so the paint eventually peels off w/ it...pressure washing imo
isn't the best way to do that, in agreement w/ Doug.