Posted to uk.d-i-y
vortex2 vortex2 is offline

Default Who invented what?

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On 2007-07-09 23:55:43 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

OK, so we all 'know' who invented the vacuum cleaner - Hoover. Except
that
he didn't - he bought the idea from Spangler. But Hoover brought the
vacuum
cleaner to the world as a commercial product.

AFAIK Bosch invented the jigsaw, Skil invented the circular saw, Kango
invented the demolition hammer.

But is that right? And who 'invented' the router, the SDS drill, the
cordless drill driver, the angle grinder?

Interesting topic what?

You missed out the Revered and Ubiquitous Car Body Filler.

Also, the items don't all have to be "positive". La machine de merde
(Saniflo) should be there - although I suspect that that is a Napoleonic
secret weapon.

Wasn't Isopon invented by a chap called David? :-)