Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] barry@sme-online.com is offline

Default Blistered wood door - Thanks to all

On Jul 9, 12:18 pm, "CME4FUN" wrote:
Thanks to ransley, Joe, and dadiOH. I went to Home Depot and they had a
marine polyurethane. I have sanded the door, wiped it down and letting dry
before applying. This one says four hours but I will let it go eight if
needed.

Appreciate all your comments.

Larry

IME, with "normal" PU, reasonable RH, and no direct sun, the choice
after the first PU coat is let it dry until surface no longer tacky,
or
overnight, before next coat. And, if overnight, very gentle fine
sanding
or steel-wool between coats. Bubbles? What bubbles?

It's also a Real Good Thing with big pieces like doors to lay them
horizontal before applying. Unless you like saggy bits, or can apply
really light coats (which dry faster anyhow.) YMWV.