Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Blistered wood door

dadiOH wrote:
CME4FUN wrote:
We just restained our front door to revive the look. It took 2
days to dry with the humidity. We then applied two coats of
fast-drying polyurethane. After the 2nd coat, we closed the door
with the early evening sun hitting the door. A few hours later we
noticed several bubbles on the door. Not sure what caused this or
best method to fix.

What caused it was the heat from the sunlight. The way to fix it is
to sand and apply another coat of your finish.

You *were* talking about small, pinhead size bubbles, weren't you? If
yes, above is correct. If not - if they are LARGE bubbles - then it
depends. It is possible that the stain wasn't completely dry and/or
that the top coat was incompatible with it. In that case, remedy is
the same...sand and topcoat.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...