Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default Internal wiring of USA v UK mains plug

In article ,
Rich Grise wrote:
You've found a source of open kettles then? Is this a US thing? I
don't think they would conform to UK H&S regs. Do you dip the cup into
them to get the boiling water out?

In the US, a dedicated electric kettle is rare - you're much more likely
to see an electric skillet(frying pan). To boil water, we use a kettle on
the stove-top:
http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=289833

Looks just like many an electric UK kettle then - although jug types are
also popular.

But for pasta and soup and stuff, we use an ordinary cookpot on the
stove.

As I'd guessed. Dunno what Mr S Response was on about.

--
*Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.