Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roofing Question

"SteveB" wrote in message

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message
How does roofer know the thickness of the sheathing without
ripping-off the shingles? Seems to me that he'll need to use the
same thickness to match the existing sheathing that has not buckled.

Probably from the experience of working on hundreds of roofs, and that

there
is only one thickness used in your area. Probably half inch. And

sometimes
a piece is visible on the outside that can be seen, so he doesn't need

go
inside. Ask him how he's sure. If you don't think the man knows what

he's
doing, hire someone else.

Roofing isn't rocket science, and if there is a difference in the

sheathing,
it's only going to be 1/8", and that can be shimmed so it is not a
visible
transition.

Steve

I see you need to stick with giving advice on another subject.

One thickness per area????? LOL
Only an 1/8 of an inch??????? LOL

What's the difference between 1/2 and 3/4?????

Now go outside and play with your dog little kiddy.

Man, you follow me like a puppy. Most roofers use 1/2" and 5/8". I don't
know of a lot who use 3/4" for roofing.

Steve

Don't mean that it doesn't exist, now does it??