Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Hi-Lift jack stuck on the upstroke

Tom O'Connor wrote:

It's been my experience that then need a LOT of oil to work properly.
Tom

My (real) Hi-Lift jack is still on the factory lube and has yet to give
me any trouble. I used it once to move a 40' shipping container (empty
and close to 10,000# tare wt.) about 60' over rough terrain and then
level it on concrete blocks (solid), so it's seen some heavy use.

Pete C.

"Pete C." wrote in message
Bill Stock wrote:

I bought a Hi-Lift jack about a month ago and it seems to be f*cked
already
after only light use. It sticks badly when raising the handle. I can't
see
any obvious reason why it's binding, might be the pin holding the handle,
but I don't think so.

If I can find the bill I guess I'll replace it. But I'm wondering what
other
peoples experiences have been? I don't think a new one will last much
better.

A real Hi-Lift, or a Chinese knock off? If it's a knock off you're
probably SOL. For a real Hi-Lift you have to keep the climbing pins
clean and lubed, but tons of people abuse the heck out of those jacks
without any problems. You can get a rebuild kit for like $10-12 at
places like Tractor Supply. Check the Hi-Lift site
(http://www.hi-lift.com/) for more info and warrantee stuff.