Posted to alt.home.repair
Dutch Buckhead Dutch Buckhead is offline

Default Pool Heat Pump Drain Line

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 13:14:01 -0400, Dutch Buckhead wrote:

Hi folks,

I woke up this morning and had water leaking out of my pool heat pump. I
determined that the fitting that attaches the drain/discharge line to the
bottom of the heat exchanger had broken. I'm assuming this allows the
unit
to be drained for the winter or something.

Anyway, the male end of the broken fitting is still lodged in the hole in
the heat exchanger. I don't have a tool that can grab it to unscrew it.
Does anyone know if something like this is available? Thanks in advance!

Is it plastic?

Yes, the broken fitting is plastic and it appears the discharge/drain tube
itself is plastic as well.