Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Tam/WB2TT Tam/WB2TT is offline

Default Internal wiring of USA v UK mains plug

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Spurious Response wrote:
If you're there to reduce the heat, why not simply use the boiling
water?

A lot of dishes require a maintained boil point... Like pasta, for
example.

You do pasta in a kettle? Have you some secret way of getting it to align
so it can be poured?

This must be a cultural thing, but I have no idea what in hell you are
talking about.

So things like lids allow continued boiling even after heat reduction.
No lid... no boil... Unless you bring the heat back up. Which is what
the lid id good for.

You've found a source of open kettles then? Is this a US thing? I don't
think they would conform to UK H&S regs. Do you dip the cup into them to
get the boiling water out?

You use a spaghetti strainer. And yes, some things need an open kettle.

Tam
--
*You! Off my planet!

Dave Plowman London SW