Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Moray Moray is offline

Default Considering First Segmented Turning

On Jul 6, 12:16 pm, Ralph E Lindberg wrote:
In article . com,

JD wrote:

Thanks in advance,

Some of my sourceshttp://www.segmentedturning.com/http://www.segmentedturning.co.uk/http://www.woodturningonline.com/Turning/segmented_turning/index.html
... and my first efforthttp://home.wavecable.com/~n7bsn/Photo/Seg1.jpg

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found athttp://www.ralphandellen.us/rv

Very nice bowl Ralph. RICK do you have a site?
I did the beginner one, the one on one of your source sites.
http://www.woodturningonline.com/Tur...ing/index.html.
My site is http://mawarner12345.tripod.com/bowls_2007/. I use this
site mostly for myself to see how I am progressing and to remember my
bowls as people seem to take them from me and the pictures help me
remember the mistakes I made on each one. I find getting a good colour
contrast is hard to do here with local woods. I am going to look at
what hardwood flooring has to offer. Getting my angles cut and tight
fitting is something I am still trying to improve on. When I get a new
lathe I will do some green turning again.