Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default OT internet service provider question

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 15:19:07 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"CM" wrote in message
We are moving this weekend and just found out there is no high speed
internet service available through the telephone or cable companies for
our home. I have looked at a few dish internet providers but would like
some feedback from others on which one to go with.

Do you need speed? If so, you will probably be dissappointed with
sattellite. There is a lag, referred to as latency, with the signal being
bounced off of the sattellite.

Since I need a fast connection, nailing down that is the first consideration
if I were to move.

If speed is not a consideration, then go with what is available.

What's interesting with our sat. system is that SOME things fly..
I can be having trouble getting web pages to load or retrieving messages from a
newsgroup, and my wife can be outside on her notebook, using slower wireless,
and doing chat with a web cam with no lag or buffering problems.. weird..

I tried for 2 days to d/load a anti-virus update of 5 megs... took 4 HOURS to
get it..
The next day I d/loaded a 12.5 meg program in less that 3 minutes... ya just
never know..lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing