Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default OT internet service provider question

On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 14:10:31 GMT, "CM" wrote:

We are moving this weekend and just found out there is no high speed
internet service available through the telephone or cable companies for our
home. I have looked at a few dish internet providers but would like some
feedback from others on which one to go with.

We've been with Hughesnet for a little over a month and it's VERY hard to get
used to...
We got the slowest speed because even it was $60 a month, but the range of speed
and connection/drop is all over the map..

You can go from slower than dial-up to what seems as fast as our cable in the
States, and back again, in seconds.. watching the speed fluctuate when
downloading a large file is amazing..

OTOH, all in all it's better than a dial-up and can be run through our router to
share with the neighbors...

Sort of gives "wish upon a star" a whole new meaning..

OH.... Hughes is the only ISP I've had that doesn't have a news server, so I had
to provide my own to get this newsgroup..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing