Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Tankless water heater question

That is the question. There is definitely a point of diminishing returns.
When you say you lowered to water temperature, was that on the boiler, or on
the water heater?

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 8, 7:39 am, "RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:
I suppose you could have a time clock installed on the boiler, to shut
the
entire system down during predetermined hours of the day or night. The
problem with this approach, is that once the system is cold, it will have
run for a longer period each time it is fired, which may use the same
amount
of fuel as it does now. You could try turning down the boiler's high
limit
aquastat to 125 degrees for the summer, and see if that helps

Thanks I already lowered it to 120, the prior owner had it at 160 and
the water was scalding but did come out hot much quicker. Now I have
to run the water for about a minute to get it hot. Makes me wonder if
the energy savings gets offset by the wasted water usage.