Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Hi-Lift jack stuck on the upstroke

Bill Stock wrote:

I bought a Hi-Lift jack about a month ago and it seems to be f*cked already
after only light use. It sticks badly when raising the handle. I can't see
any obvious reason why it's binding, might be the pin holding the handle,
but I don't think so.

If I can find the bill I guess I'll replace it. But I'm wondering what other
peoples experiences have been? I don't think a new one will last much
better.

A real Hi-Lift, or a Chinese knock off? If it's a knock off you're
probably SOL. For a real Hi-Lift you have to keep the climbing pins
clean and lubed, but tons of people abuse the heck out of those jacks
without any problems. You can get a rebuild kit for like $10-12 at
places like Tractor Supply. Check the Hi-Lift site
(http://www.hi-lift.com/) for more info and warrantee stuff.