Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Thomas Tornblom Thomas Tornblom is offline

Default Internal wiring of USA v UK mains plug

Spurious Response writes:

On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 08:40:44 GMT, Thomas Tornblom wrote:

Actually I believe that induction cooking is better, more easily
controlled and safer than gas.

Snippet from http://theinductionsite.com/how-induction-works.shtml

It look VERY inefficient.

On the contrary. It is very efficient as it is *only* the cookware
that heats up.

Did you miss the 84% vs 40% for gas efficiency paragraph?

It also REQUIRES iron cookware.

Most cookware sold today in Sweden is induction compatible, and have
been for quite a while. Even though we don't have have an induction
stove today I believe most of our cookware is compatible.

What type of cookware would you miss out on?

Two killers right there.

Tally:

Total Suckage.

In fact... it sucks so bad that it sucks at sucking.

I would say you have no clue.

They started out in restaurant kitchens many years ago and they have
several advantages:

1) super quick cooking as no heat needs to be transfered to the
cookware, it is the cookware itself that gets heated, quite similar to
a microwave where the food itself generates the heat

2) much less losses, which reduces the cooling needed i the kitchen

3) easy and quick regulation

4) safe, the stove top doesn't hot, other than by transfer from the
cookware.

I recommend following the link to this page:

http://theinductionsite.com/proandcon.shtml

to see the pros and cons.