Posted to alt.home.repair
Redneckbikerjedi Redneckbikerjedi is offline

Default Sauna in the shower?

I know we are a bit off topic for this group, but....

I've been researching prices for steam showers vs saunas, and it looks
like I can buy a one man infrared sauna for between $1200 and $1500
depending on where I shop. So I may go that way. I am in the process
of converting my garage into a den, and I'll put it in there. That is
a hell of a lot cheaper than I thought they would be, and they are
cheaper and less hassle than setting up a steam shower and all the
equipment that goes with it. I found an inexpensive steam shower
attachment that you install in your shower for about the same price,
but by time I buy the glass to enclose the shower and all that, it is
starting to get expensive.

On Jul 7, 11:21 pm, "SteveB" wrote:
"Redneckbikerjedi" wrote in message

ps.com...

All that stuff helps, and my parents have a hot tub I soak in
sometimes. But I have found that I get the most relief from a sauna. I
get almost as much relief from it as I do from taking prescription
pain killers. I love them. (Saunas, not the pills.) Not to mention
they are great for sweating out a lot of toxins and what not.

Steam showers - I'll check it out. Thanks. Any other input is still
welcome.

Had a steamer unit in a shower once. It cost a bit to install, as it
required it's own electric line. I used it for a bit at first, but then
sporadically, and finally none. In the meantime, it corroded. So, it sits
there unhooked and unused.

I'd never do it again.

A sauna sounds like a simple thing. Not a lot of moving parts or plumbing
or lines.

I do have spas and like them. I have two Jacuzzi tubs in my house, and

NEVER use them.

It's a catch 22 because you have to spend a lot to find out if you really
like them. Whatever them is. And if you find out you don't like "them",
you're out the money.

I thought I'd like the Jacuzzis, but they are get cold quick. A hot tub,
on the other hand, is ready to go, and to me penetrates deeper into the
muscles. But then, there's the cost of keeping water warm a lot and using
it a little.

One size don't fit all.

Steve