Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roofing Question

wrote in message
giving a down payment is the way to get ripped off. if a company
isnt big enough to wait till the jobs done before collecting
payment.send them on their way. you wouldnt believe the number of
contractors that never return after getting a down payment. he's
guessing on the wood thickness..lucas

It is also important to check out the contractors. I had a roofing job done
for $60,000 with no deposit required.

I had a siding job done for $42,000 and we paid 1/3 at the start, 1/3 after
50% complete, 1/3 at final. The company that did the job has been in
business for 25 years and they did show up the day they said they would.
Another siding contractor did not require any deposit but they were $20,000
higher on the bid.