Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Jim Chandler Jim Chandler is offline

Default Cutting aluminum bars with saw designed for wood

mc wrote:

What bad things will happen if I use this Stanley hand miter saw:

http://www.stanleytools.com/default....U MBER=20-800

to cut aluminum angle stock of the kind sold at Home Depot? Will it ruin
the blade immediately, work fairly well, or what?

Is it possible to get a similar miter box for cutting metal?

Nothing bad at all will happen. Just don't try to use that blade to cut
steel. Aluminum can be cut all day long with a wood blade. Just take
your time. I do it quite often on my wood band saw.

Jim Chandler