Posted to alt.home.repair
Dottie Dottie is offline

Default Roofing Question

On Jul 7, 2:17 pm, "Nancy Young" wrote:
"Nancy Young" wrote

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote

"Nancy Young" wrote
I knew this wouldn't pertain to you... as renters never have to hire a
contractor!

I don't know why this is annoying you but ... no, all the work
I've had done on my house, no deposits, except for ordering the
kitchen cabinets. I didn't buy them from the contractor.

Sounds like a deposit to me...

No, I bought them because I knew what I wanted, and the layout.
I only started looking for a contractor after the cabinets were sitting
in my garage.

Ooops, I didn't finish. The contractor brought all the sheetrock,
wood trim, electrical stuff, etc etc that was needed for the job.
No payment for anything up front.

nancy

I had my roof repaired last year. This year I got a new roof. Last
year I had the valley repaired and did not pay anything up front. The
company doing the job was a very large company. This year we decided
it was time to replace the old tile roof with shingles before the
price got too high for shingles. We paid one third down up front.
The company was a small company with a good reputation. When the job
was finished we paid the balance. This is customary here (FL). I
don't know of any company that would start work without a down
payment.