Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Roofing Question

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Just Joshin" wrote

Agreed that your reply makes sense. The other concern I have, is how
he/she NEEDS the down payment to buy supplies. Most supply houses
around here have credit available. IMHO, not a good sign.

tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com

One of the top ten stupid things people do in life is pay in advance for
repairs. If the person is licensed, experienced, and in business long
enough, they will have the money or credit to buy the materials and get

paid
when the job is done.

NEVER PAY UP FRONT.

Steve

The normal is to pay a deposit.

I guess you like doing **** for nothing?

Huh? What I prefer is a company that has enough operating capital to be
able to swing it so that in the three days from the time they start the job
until they end it, they don't go out of business because they can't afford
to buy supplies enough for the job.

Steve