Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.hvac
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default A/C working properly? Cost - lower temp?

wrote:
On Jul 7, 7:29 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
wrote:

It's been running non-stop since 12:00 PM, it's 7:46PM, and the temp
is still 83 deg, thermostat still at 80 deg. I would not have said
"hours" if it wasn't...

Hmm. 12:00PM implies twelve hours past midday (p.m. = "post
meridian" = past midday). That would be midnight. From there to
7:46PM means the ac has been on for almost twenty hours.

Of course one could also say 12:00AM (a.m. = "ante meridian" = before
midday) which would also be midnight.

Sorry, 12:00PM is noon. Have a High School diploma?? Is English your
native language??

Sorry, 12:00PM is not noon.

I do have a high school diploma (and several others including post-graduate
degrees). English IS my native tongue, although I can get along in a few
others, including Pig Latin and Morse Code. And, before you ask, I have been
to parts of South Georgia.

Sorry if I seemed pedantic or persnickety.