Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Cutting aluminum bars with saw designed for wood

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 19:14:41 -0400, "mc"
wrote:

What bad things will happen if I use this Stanley hand miter saw:

http://www.stanleytools.com/default....U MBER=20-800

to cut aluminum angle stock of the kind sold at Home Depot? Will it ruin
the blade immediately, work fairly well, or what?

You won't hurt the blade. Some wax applied to the blade may improve
the surface finish.

Is it possible to get a similar miter box for cutting metal?

Not that I'm aware of. See the recent thread on
rec.crafts.metalworking "Blades for cutting aluminum?" for a
discussion of using a chop saw and carbide blade for cutting aluminum.

--
Ned Simmons