Posted to uk.local.scot-highlands,uk.rec.pets.misc,rec.pets.dogs.misc,ie.general,uk.d-i-y
TJY TJY is offline

Default sheepdog commands in Irish or Scots Gaelic?

"John Nagelson" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 8, 12:34 am, Frank Erskine
wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 15:18:39 -0700, John Nagelson

wrote:
Could someone tell me some main sheepdog commands in Irish or Scots
Gaelic?

I.e. what in English are "Away to Me", "Come Bye", etc.

Cheers!

John

"Stand" - stand still
"That'll Do" - return to handler
"Walk Up" - move straight towards sheep
"Get Back" or "Get Out" - keep or move further out to give the sheep
more room
"Lie Down" - self-explanatory, but can also mean slow down
"Look Back" - stop current working and turn around to look for more
sheep
"Take Time" - slow down

But I would love to know them in the Gaelic...

John

Use GOOGLE or any other search page and then a TRANSLATOR.
The dog will probably ignore you anyway, most clever ones will know what to
do with sheep.
Do you know any sheep dogs that understand Gaelic?