Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.hvac
mm mm is offline

Default A/C working properly? Cost - lower temp?

On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 08:20:20 -0700, wrote:

On Jul 7, 5:36 am, mm wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 01:13:10 -0700, wrote:
On Jul 7, 3:12 am, mm wrote:
On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 16:47:19 -0700, wrote:
On Jul 6, 7:45 pm, "Don K" wrote:

What you think that any buman (who has ever used AC) would recognize
might well not be what someone else thinks.

BobK207 thinks enough of peoples intelligence to say "Oh & for clarity
don't use 12:00PM ....use noon or midnight to avoid confusion." (The
next most recent post in this thread, sorted by time.)

I saw his post. It's not bad advice. I got an 800 on my math SATs,
as high as the score goes, and it wasn't until I was 45 or so that I
finally got straight which was which. I finally came up with a way to
remmeber which was which. Logic is my thing, and not memorization.
There are lots of people who for lots of reasons haven't got it
straight, and it's good policy to make things as easy as possible for
people who are trying to help. It's almost the equivalent of removing
things that are in front of the furnace before the repairman gets
there, even though he can and will do it himself.

What's worse than AM and PM is 12m and 12M. I still don't know which
one of those is noon. I wonder how many people do.

When my mother hired a painter, she took off all he wall plates before
he got there and put them back on after he left. And other stuff like
that. They made that agreement so she could pay less. (She also
told me he was "blind", but I'm not sure what that meant. He did a
good job.)