Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.hvac
krw krw is offline

Default A/C working properly? Cost - lower temp?

In article , lshaw-
says...
wrote:
On Jul 7, 7:29 am, "HeyBub" wrote:

Hmm. 12:00PM implies twelve hours past midday (p.m. = "post meridian" = past
midday). That would be midnight. From there to 7:46PM means the ac has been
on for almost twenty hours.

Of course one could also say 12:00AM (a.m. = "ante meridian" = before
midday) which would also be midnight.

Sorry, 12:00PM is noon. Have a High School diploma?? Is English your
native language??

I have a high school (and college) diploma. Yet, I don't think everything
I heard in high school (or college) is automatically true. In particular,
2000 wasn't the first year of the new millenium, and 12:00 PM is not noon.

Well, we can't all be 100% correct. You're batting .500, which isn't
bad in some shapes.

Here's an explanation of why:

http://tf.nist.gov/timefreq/general/...m#Anchor-57026

Sillyness.

Note that this comes from NIST, the National Institute of Standards
and Technology, which is the US federal government agency responsible

^^ ^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^
1. What part of government is "responsible" for anything?
2. You _are_ talking about the US federal government.
3. Oxymoronic.

for standardizing measurements. These are the people who operate
NIST-F1, the atomic clock which is the primary reference for timekeeping
in the United States, and one of the primary references worldwide.

4. Pedantic.

--
Keith

--