Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] andy@invalid.com is offline

Default Hi-Lift jack stuck on the upstroke

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 13:41:58 -0400, "Bill Stock"
wrote:

I bought a Hi-Lift jack about a month ago and it seems to be f*cked already
after only light use. It sticks badly when raising the handle. I can't see
any obvious reason why it's binding, might be the pin holding the handle,
but I don't think so.

If I can find the bill I guess I'll replace it. But I'm wondering what other
peoples experiences have been? I don't think a new one will last much
better.

I have used many of them. They need to be oiled where the springs and
pins do the work. If you leave them outdoors, rust builds up. Oil
the thing and it will likely work fine. Of course there could be
something broken. They sell repair kits, which are the springs and
pins, but if you just bought it, and oil dont help, return it for a
replacement. Be sure to store it indoors though.

Andy