Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Hi-Lift jack stuck on the upstroke

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 13:41:58 -0400, "Bill Stock"
wrote:

I bought a Hi-Lift jack about a month ago and it seems to be f*cked already
after only light use. It sticks badly when raising the handle. I can't see
any obvious reason why it's binding, might be the pin holding the handle,
but I don't think so.

Been along time, but I recall mine binding. Two springs with pins??? I
had to manipulate the springs to engage and disengage the pins. PITA.

If I can find the bill I guess I'll replace it. But I'm wondering what other
peoples experiences have been? I don't think a new one will last much
better.

One got me out of numerous mud holes :-)

--
Oren

...through the use of electrical or duct tape, achieve the configuration in the photo..