Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.hvac
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default A/C working properly? Cost - lower temp?

On Jul 7, 9:45 am, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
"BobK207" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jul 7, 9:41 am, wrote:
On Jul 7, 3:13 am, mm wrote:

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 19:55:23 -0700, wrote:
On Jul 6, 8:05 pm, "Noon-Air" wrote:
wrote in message

Hire a *competent*, licensed, bonded, insured, professionally

trained HVAC
technician, instead of depending on some flunkie handiman that

couldn't make
it doing anything else.

What specifically do I ask him tomorrow? (Types of HVAC

Ask him what the problem is, and how long it will take to fix it.

Since he doesn't work for you, he may not tell you, but if you are
nice, and not the least bit snotty, he may well tell you.

Maybe ask him if it's worth repairing or not, although that is not his
decision and he may be much less willing to speculate. OTOH, if he
knows it's a 50 dollar problem, he may be wiling to speculate. But
you have to be even nicer to get answers to hard questions.
(sometimes even when you yourself are paying).

certifications?) He is being sent by the landlord, which I don't pay
for.

I just posted a description of what maintenance didn't do as a reponse
to my original post.

why are you now posting multiple replies?

new to this whole thing,, huh?

They might be, but at least they're smart enough to realize that a $320
electric bill isn't normal.

The fact that "a $320 electric bill isn't normal" for AC in a 800 sq
ft is pretty much of a "duh"

It was clear early on that her AC isn't working