Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.hvac
[email protected] carie_r@mail.com is offline

Default A/C working properly? Cost - lower temp?

On Jul 7, 1:44 am, Gordon wrote:
Here are few things that need to be checked.

1)Outside coil should be hosed off at least once a year.
If you have access to a hose bib and a hoes you can
do this yourself.

2) Air filter should be replaced monthly.

3) There may be a freon leak. Maintenance can top it off.

wrote in news:1183764250.640399.227540
@n2g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

It's 90 deg. outside, humidity is 37%. The A/C is set to 80 deg. The
temp in the apartment is at 83 deg, and hasn't gone below that. The A/
C has been running non-stop for hours. The temp out of the vents is
colder than the air in the apartment, but not a lot colder. (I don't
have a thermometer.)

Maintenance fixed the A/C only a month ago when it completely quit
working. Our electric bill that month was $320 for a 800 sq ft
apartment.

Maintenance is coming tomorrow. How do I make sure they fix the unit
right,

Ask them what the problem was and what they did to fix it.

Thanks

I just posted a description of what maintenance didn't do as a reponse
to my original post.