Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.hvac
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default A/C working properly? Cost - lower temp?

On Jul 7, 8:24 am, wrote:
On Jul 7, 7:29 am, "HeyBub" wrote:

wrote:

It's been running non-stop since 12:00 PM, it's 7:46PM, and the temp
is still 83 deg, thermostat still at 80 deg. I would not have said
"hours" if it wasn't...

Hmm. 12:00PM implies twelve hours past midday (p.m. = "post meridian" = past
midday). That would be midnight. From there to 7:46PM means the ac has been
on for almost twenty hours.

Of course one could also say 12:00AM (a.m. = "ante meridian" = before
midday) which would also be midnight.

Sorry, 12:00PM is noon. Have a High School diploma?? Is English your
native language??

I know how to tell time I wasn't sure YOU did based on the problem
solving skills you have displayed thus far

noon or midnight eliminates any possible confusion as does "seven
hours" vs "hours"

the more humble & helpful (clearly posed questions) you appear the
more likely you'll get help

I know you're frustrated having a problem that you don't have the
skills or resources to address but ****ing off people who could
possibly help you isn't a good idead.

btw

my A/C works fine (& I know how they work)
I don't have to ask for help from a bunch of abuse a$$'s in alt.hvac
&
I don't live in an 800 sq ft apt at the mercy of some cheap landlord

stop whining & get a window unit.......you've already ****ed away more
than the cost of a unit on electricity

have a nice day