Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.hvac

Default A/C working properly? Cost - lower temp?

"mm" wrote in message
On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 01:13:10 -0700, wrote:

On Jul 7, 3:12 am, mm wrote:
On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 16:47:19 -0700, wrote:
On Jul 6, 7:45 pm, "Don K" wrote:

Running for hours could mean anything more than one hour. There's

not
much information there. Let it run overnight. If it can't bring the

apartment
down to temperature overnight, then there's something definitely

wrong
with it.

Don

It's been running non-stop since 12:00 PM, it's 7:46PM, and the temp
is still 83 deg, thermostat still at 80 deg. I would not have said
"hours" if it wasn't...

You missed his point, that hours can mean 2 or 200. So we don't know
your personality and what you would have said it if, in your opinion,
it wasn't, and even if you would not have said "hours" if it wasn't,
we still didn't know how many hours. You could have said 7 hours and
that would have been clear.

Don't be snotty, especially when you're asking for free advice.

Is there any chance the fan is on ON, and the thermostat is not
accurate? Turn the thermostat down to 70 and see if goes lower than
it is now.

Also check the outside unit and see if it is making noise, and see if
you can tell if the noise is the fan and the compressor, or just the
fan.

You've got to be kidding.

No I"m not. Plenty of idiots post here. How do we tell who is an
idiot and who isn't? Even half or more of the seemingly smart people
fail to give enough information in their first post. EVen things they
already know.

We had one a couple days ago who dribbled out the important
information a little at a time until most people had I'm sure stopped
reading the thread before all the important facts were in.

Enough "hours" that any human who has ever
used A/C would recognize that there's a problem.

And did you say that you had ever used AC before?

And again, you hadn't said how many hours. We can't read your mind.

Again, did you miss the $320 electric bill.

Clueless I tell you, just pure stupidity!