Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.hvac
Noon-Air Noon-Air is offline

Default A/C working properly? Cost - lower temp?

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 7, 3:13 am, mm wrote:
On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 19:55:23 -0700, wrote:
On Jul 6, 8:05 pm, "Noon-Air" wrote:
wrote in message

Hire a *competent*, licensed, bonded, insured, professionally trained
HVAC
technician, instead of depending on some flunkie handiman that
couldn't make
it doing anything else.

What specifically do I ask him tomorrow? (Types of HVAC

Ask him what the problem is, and how long it will take to fix it.

Since he doesn't work for you, he may not tell you, but if you are
nice, and not the least bit snotty, he may well tell you.

Maybe ask him if it's worth repairing or not, although that is not his
decision and he may be much less willing to speculate. OTOH, if he
knows it's a 50 dollar problem, he may be wiling to speculate. But
you have to be even nicer to get answers to hard questions.
(sometimes even when you yourself are paying).

certifications?) He is being sent by the landlord, which I don't pay
for.

The landlord is required to keep the A/C working properly. Are you
suggesting that underhanded behavior is so common as to be practically
expected?

Only from landlords whos only concern is their profits on the bottom line.
They are not gonna spend a penny they are not forced to.