Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
** Frank ** **    Frank    ** is offline

Default DeWalt 36V drill/driver

We use Corona loppers and hand pruners for over 30 years and its very high
quality. Wife, the gardener, won't buy anything else.

wrote in message
ps.com...
Do you use the Corona? How is it?
Karl

On Jul 5, 5:34 am, "** Frank **" wrote:
"Karl Townsend" wrote in message

ink.net...

Anybody have one of those monsters?

I just ordered a bare tool only (DC900/DC900KL) without batteries or a
charger for $85 (US). I have three spare 12V 3.5AH batteries to power
it (for a motorized project, it won't be used for drilling).

??!! Have I been sleeping under a rock? I've not seen this voltage. I
use
a 24 volt sawsall constantly in cold weather (pruning apple trees -
three
man crew for one unit) Is a sawsall made in 36 volt?

Karl

http://www.amazon.com/Corona-Clipper...ity-WL6490/dp/...

Why sawzall when this Corona baby has a 3" capacity, anything larger I'll
take a chainsaw to it. Using sawzalls to prune and even fell trees
before, I
say its not the right tool for this kind of operation - too much
vibration,
too slow and use too many blades - a massaciatic delight. Those 36V jobs
see comes with only one battery and won't last all day, battery craps out
anywhere within 2 to 5 years and expensive to replace assuming if its
still
able to get battery replacements five or ten years from now. No thank,
I'll
take a corded super duty Milwaukee or Hilti anytime as it should outlast
me - buy once and forget about it.