Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Carpet - tuck or no tuck?

In article ,
mm wrote:

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 18:44:13 -0400, "PT Karfal" wrote:

After it was stretched, he cut it, then
tucked between the carpet over the tack strips & baseboard. He then ran a
hammer handle down over the tack strips to so no nails stuck through.

I need to understand this. On my stairs I have tackstrips that prick
my toes when I walk up the steps barefoot. So I took a hammer and
didn't just run it over the tack strips, I pounded everywhere I could
feel a tack. But I think most of the problem remains.

My carpet is probably not expensive, but it still looks good on the
stairs, except in the center of the stairs. It looks good where the
tackstrips are.

How do I get to stop hurting me when I'm barefoot?

You need to take some kung fu lessons. Once you can kick a brick in
half, walk over hot coals, and stop an arrow with your bare feet, the
tacks will feel like a pleasant massage.