Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Recharging Payne Air Conditioning Unit

Andrew wrote:

Hello,
My home has a Payne 018-060-PA10 air conditioner unit, which does
not keep my house very cool. It is big enough for the house. The
problem is that the air which comes out of the vents is just not very
cold. I have been told that my system may need a recharge. I have
already checked and changed the air filter on the blower. The unit is
only 2 or 3 years old, and I've hardly used it, so I am assuming that
it needs a charge. So, here's the deal. I want to recharge it
myself. I don't know anything specifically about air conditioners,
but I am an engineer and I have lots of tools and instruments. Can
someone please explain to me a general synopsis of what I need to know
in order to recharge my AC.

thanks,
Andy

The first thing you need to know is that you'll need to get a license to
buy the refrigerant... Blame it on the enviro-nuts and their bogus
claims of Freon (tm) doom and gloom...