Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Clue me in on this.

"Warren Weber" writes:

. ..

--
Capacitor start motor. Starts and runs in either direction as it pleases.
Capacitor good (replaced with others as test) 2 windings. Run winding

Thanks for answers. Had removed one end bell and wire terminations are
enclosed in epoxy. No starting switch on this end. Will check other end
bell. Motor at friends house Will recheck. Thanks

NO start switch. ???

See if there is any torque during starting. I bet there is none and
little load, so it starts either direction at random. The circuit
to the starting winding is not being energized or the start capacitor
is open (but you said you checked this?).