Posted to rec.woodworking
Peter Huebner Peter Huebner is offline

Default How hot is too hot? How cold is too cold?

In article , says...
Careful with the coffee, or cola, or anything with caffeine. Caffeine
is a diuretic--drinking cola or coffee can make you _more_ dehydrated.

That's a rumor that has been debunked. Yes, coffee is a duretic and makes you
pee more, but you still have a net-gain of fluid in your system, you may just
have to drink more often to keep it topped up. It's not like I am a 37 cups
a day man, you know.
Dunno about coke, I don't do fizzy soft-drinks.

Since I bin heat sensitive like that for 40 years that I _recall_, I don't
think I am about to break out with MS, but we have a friend who has it so I
know what to look out for. That "imagine you're lying on a beach" thing that
someone suggested, got a grin on my face: I last about 3 minutes on that beach
before I either go for a dive or seek some deep deep shade. Doh!

cheers, -P.