Posted to uk.d-i-y
RobertL RobertL is offline

Default advice on mounting a big mirror on bathroom wall

On Jul 6, 5:18 pm, stevelup wrote:
On Jul 5, 1:08 pm, "George" wrote:

"RobertL" wrote in message

oups.com...

i wonder if anyone has words of wisdom about how to mount a large
mirror in the bathroom. In my case the mirror is 2200mm x 600mm and
6mm thick and weighs about 25 kg. It will be vertical (almost from
floor to ceiling). It has 4 holes along each vertical edge for screw
mounting to the wall. The wall is traditional plasterd blockwork
(internal).

Why would anyone want a mirror that size in the bathroom? and more to the
point it'll get steamed up in no time.

We've got one about the same size in our bathroom (1900 x 750) and
it's great. Makes the room seem twice as big and helps bounce the
light around from the single small window.

It never seems to steam up - we've got a decent extractor in there...

I used eight of these (two packs) to fix it:-

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=46116

Steve

That's a neat way. But we had 8 holes drilled and used the little
screws with rubber grommets and chrome domes. We fixed it this
evening. Blobs of adhesive at 100mm separations on the back to make
it get support from the slightly uneven wall and the eight screws to
take the weight. It went up pretty easily with two of us.

Mnay thanks to everyone for a very useful discussion.

Robert