Posted to uk.d-i-y
stevelup stevelup is offline

Default advice on mounting a big mirror on bathroom wall

On Jul 5, 1:08 pm, "George" wrote:
"RobertL" wrote in message

ups.com...

i wonder if anyone has words of wisdom about how to mount a large
mirror in the bathroom. In my case the mirror is 2200mm x 600mm and
6mm thick and weighs about 25 kg. It will be vertical (almost from
floor to ceiling). It has 4 holes along each vertical edge for screw
mounting to the wall. The wall is traditional plasterd blockwork
(internal).

Why would anyone want a mirror that size in the bathroom? and more to the
point it'll get steamed up in no time.

We've got one about the same size in our bathroom (1900 x 750) and
it's great. Makes the room seem twice as big and helps bounce the
light around from the single small window.

It never seems to steam up - we've got a decent extractor in there...

I used eight of these (two packs) to fix it:-

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=46116

Steve