Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
BillinDetroit BillinDetroit is offline

Default Faceplate mounting Problems

mac davis wrote:
Being an old fart, I used to use Elmers/titebond with a piece of brown paper in
between, but I'm sure that there are better ways now... *g*

What I keep wondering is this: if the OP finally gets the CA to stick,
how's he gonna get it UN-stuck?

What Mac says, works ... and there's no need to get 100% coverage,
either. IF the mating surfaces are 'sortof' flat.

I've had CA delaminate off pen blanks, too. I only use it for the finish
now and rely on epoxy to glue the tubes.

Bill

--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000754-2, 07/05/2007
Tested on: 7/5/2007 6:13:08 PM