Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default How hot is too hot? How cold is too cold?

Swingman wrote:
| "Morris Dovey" wrote in message
|
|| Any significant deviation from your normal skin coloration is a
|| signal to take an _immediate_ pause for fluids and cooling.
|
| LOL ... gee, thanks! Normally a dark white, so I'm told, I'm barely
| able to tell the red 3's in Canasta when the lighting is just
| right, so I guess I'll have to stick to fainting over the table saw
| as an indicator in these hot Houston summers.

Hmm. That's a tough one. The only other clue that I know to watch for
is having really dry skin in situations when you know you should be
sweating like a hog. I remember from earlier days that the people from
Texas weren't any less vulnerable than the folks from New Jersey - and
I recall that a number of Aramcons didn't survive rapid transitions
from A/C to outdoor (and outdoor to A/C) temperatures.

Although it probably doesn't apply to you or me, vulnerability
increases with age...

:-)

--
Morris Dovey