Posted to alt.home.repair
Cindy Hamilton Cindy Hamilton is offline

Default Sanding trim

On Jul 5, 2:05 pm, "Bob F" wrote:
"jeffc" wrote in message

It's not a question of showing blemishes. Houses with natural wood
trim look very dated and are hard to sell around here. White
semi-gloss is the norm. (I'll be painting the doors too, which are
natural too, but that's easy.)

Boring!!

I sure wish I could have stopped the people that painted all the trim
in my old house. The little remaining stained wood is way more
attractive than the painted wood.

Me, too! Who gives a crap about "hard to sell"? I'm planning on
leaving
my house feet first. I'm pretty sure it's oak under that paint--the
baseboards
are stained and varnished oak, whereas the door and window casings are
painted.

Cindy Hamilton