Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default Internal wiring of USA v UK mains plug

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Spurious Response wrote:
Try figuring out where 50+ pairs of audio cables go on a large school
intercom system, after some idiot kid rips all the wires loose, AND
removes the tags. It took two full 8 hr days.

Was it a Bogen intercom? They are a division of Lear Sigler. I worked
there at one time, years ago.

Beeping out each line should have been easy.

I've yet to see an unmarked multi-pair cable.

Where did I say it was multi-pair? I said that it was over 50
pairs. Shielded multi-pair audio cables wasn't being used for school
intercoms when this system was built, and the architect's specs called
for stranded 22 AWG Alpha twisted pair, shielded cable with a plastic
jacket. If it was multi-pair, there would be no need to tag the
individual pairs, would there?

I DID use 66 series 25 pair terminal blocks to rewire that cabinet,
so you could flip out a couple bridging clips to troubleshoot the
wiring.
prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell