Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
spaco spaco is offline

Default Faceplate mounting Problems

I wondered about this, too, when I turned my very first bowl from a
really green blank. Does the CA glue work properly when the wood is so
wet that dropletts fly off while turning?

If it doesn't work well, what DO you do to connect a wet blank to a
faceplate without screwing it on?

Pete Stanaitis
-----------------------

Neillarson wrote:

I have been using my 3" Face Plate with a round turned 1.5 inch piece
of maple for a mounting block. on the first one, I had a fine mist of
CA flying, second I clamped and let dry overnight but I stall had a
wood frisbee about 2/3 of the way through the bowl.

Both of the CA glues I used are the ones I use for my Pens. Is this
the wrong glue? I think I am getting good coverage but something is
bad. Any body using yellow glue?

Thanks for the assistance.

Neil Larson