Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Toller Toller is offline

Default Faceplate mounting Problems

"Neillarson" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been using my 3" Face Plate with a round turned 1.5 inch piece
of maple for a mounting block. on the first one, I had a fine mist of
CA flying, second I clamped and let dry overnight but I stall had a
wood frisbee about 2/3 of the way through the bowl.

Both of the CA glues I used are the ones I use for my Pens. Is this
the wrong glue? I think I am getting good coverage but something is
bad. Any body using yellow glue?

I have had problems with CA. Even with accelerator, the piece comes flying
off and I find the glue is still liquid.
I will be humble and assume the problem is mine; I didn't get the surfaces
flat enough.

I have switched to polyurethane glue and have no more problems. Apparently
it is not quite a fussy about perfectly smooth surfaces.
It does however take several hours to set, and has to be clamped.