Posted to rec.woodworking
charlieb charlieb is offline

Default How hot is too hot? How cold is too cold?

While not applicable to cold, the following make working when it's
hot semi-OK

Attitude - when you're laying on the beach in Maui and it's 98 degrees
that's no problem brah. So a sound generator doing waves and
sea gull cries can help.

Create a breeze - even a little breeze makes you feel cooler - so
a simple fan - set on low so as not to blow stuff around - helps.

Loose clothes - people in the middle east don't go with tank tops
or tight shirts or pants for a reason.

Stay ahead of thirst. When it's hot, by the time you feel thirsty
you're already dehydrated. Lots of fluids, preferably without
caffiene or salt will let you keep working - without falling down
every once in a while.

Music selection - just about any Christmas album. Think "cold",
feel cooler.

"It's not the heat, but the humidity, that gets you." - yeah right.

charlie b
(if you want temperature extremes - head for Central Texas -
30 degree low, 105 degree high the next day, then hail the next
day followed by a week of cloudless 100 -107 degree days. Then
there's a frost. Wait a day or two and you've got lightening storms
you can't imagine 'til you've experienced it, with torrential
rains - blowing horizontally by 40-50 mph winds. Did I mention
the wasps and locust? I think God does all his testing for
things to get sinners' attention in Central Texas)