Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Thomas Tornblom Thomas Tornblom is offline

Default Internal wiring of USA v UK mains plug

bz writes:

Thomas Tornblom wrote in :

Switching to 25A fuses
solved that. After the heatpump conversion I can most likely go back
to 20A fuses and save some on the electrical bill.

How would going to 20A fuses save some on the electric bill?

There are two parts to the bill, one consumption part, which obviosuly
is not affected by this, and then a fixed part, which is dependent on
the installed main fuse. The weaker the fuse, the less the fixed part
is.

When we moved in there was different tariffs for 16, 20, 25, 35A, but
after a few years they dropped the 16 and 20 A tariffs. Now they are
reinstating them.

It will increase the fixed part by about $150 a year, which is not
enough for me to bother. I rather not have to get out and replace
blown fuses. :-)

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

Thomas